The Kiddos

The Kiddos

Monday, February 27, 2012

Everytime I Think About it, I Laugh.

Over the years I have always been so amused with some of the thing that has come out of my daughter's mouth.  Just the way her little mind works, or the way she takes things so literally at times cracks me up.  So I thought I would share with you some of comments that she has made and why they make me laugh every time.

********************************
At 18 mos old I decided it was time to potty train my daughter.  I bought her the potty, the pull ups, I mean we were ready to go!  The first morning of our endevor she woke up with a dry diaper so I figured this was as good of time as any to get started.  When I told her to sit on the potty and try to go "pee pee" she did without hesitation.  I clapped and cheered, which she got the biggest kick out of.  She then looked up at me with determination in her eyes and said, "I go again Mommy."  A moment later her little face fell, and she was ever so disapointed when stated very matter of factly, "Mommy, it broken." 

********************************
When my daughter was very young, she and I would always play the same game in the car to keep her occupied.  Everytime she closed her eyes I would act all worried as though she had disappeared, and say over and over again, "Where are you?", as she giggled non stop.  Then, of course, when she opened her eyes again, I would act so very relieved.  One day while playing this I asked, "Where are you Honey, I can't see you?"  and she ever so cleverly replied "Mommy, I'm hiding in my eyes!"

*********************************
When I was growing up my grandmother was a stickler for never "taking the Lords name in vain".  So I figured it couldn't hurt to bestow this same value in my children.  I made sure to always correct them if they said "Oh my God" to say "Oh my gosh".  My daughter really took to this and I rarely had to correct her.  At around age 3 she was out on the porch with her grandmother.  There was a beautiful windchime that the two were admiring.  I was watching through the glass so I couldn't hear what they were saying, but my daughter was getting very excited.  She soon came skipping in through the door and came right up to me exclaiming "Mommy, gosh is talking to me!"  I started laughing and went out to ask my mother in law what my daughter meant.  She explained to me that she had told my daughter that every time the windchime chimed, it was God talking to her.

********************************
A while back my then 4yr old daughter asked me how babies got into a mommies tummy.  Not wanting to give her "the Talk" that young I told her what I was told around that age.  That when 2 people really love each other and want a baby, they ask God.  I then added my own tid bit about how God then takes a little bit of the Mommy and a little bit of the Daddy, mixes them together to make a baby, and puts the baby in the mommy's belly.  She seemed to be completely satified with that answer and went on her merry way.  Not that long ago, now at age 5, my daughter asked if her stepfather and I would ask God for a sister for her.  I explained to her that we couldn't have anymore babies because just like a doggy would "get fixed" her step father was fixed.  So then remembering back to what I had told her she then said, "Well I love you Mommy, I'll have a baby with you." 

***********************************

I hope I made you smile and please feel free to share some of your own stories in the comments section!



No comments:

Post a Comment