The Kiddos

The Kiddos

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I Have Been Linked!

So I'm still fairly new to this whole blogging thing and I often look to my good friend Sarah and her blog http://applepiespice.blogspot.com/ for tips, ideas, or just a good read.  While stalking her page today I came across her newest blog about a "Linky Party" where she has linked up with Mrs. Lemons from http://stepintosecondgrade.blogspot.com/ where you "Link Up" and tell all about the quirky little things that make you, you.  So I thought, now this could be fun and I joined in on the action.  So here goes.

1) I speak redneck.  By this I mean anything ending in "ing" is cut to "in", "you" often becomes "ya", instead of "get" I say "git", I condense several words into one, where "what are you" becomes "whatcha" and so on. I find this very irritating, and sometimes embarrassing  but I can't help it when I get talking too fast.

2)I love peanut butter.  I can put it on almost anything including hot dogs, bologna sandwiches, and cheese.

3) I am very girly, but my mom is not, so growing up I was taught how to ride a dirt bike, fish, camp in a tent, pee in the woods, change the oil in my car, shoot a gun, built forts, catch snakes and frogs, and go "night crawling"(hunting for worms at night).

4) As a kid, I was the fat friend.
An 8 yr old version of myself.

5) I used to have a really bad lisp which I have for the most part corrected over time, but you will never hear me say the title to the movie "The Sixth Sense"....I just can't do it.

6) I am obsessed with my giant, butt sniffing, drool flinging, constantly shedding, Newfoundland dog.  My husband swears I love that dog more than him.  I'm going to say its a tough call...lol.
Me playing with my puppy

7)I own my own cupcake business http://www.nicoleshouseofcupcakes.com/, but I have made so many cupcakes and cake pops now that the thought of actually eating them makes me gag....although they are very tasty!!!
Some of my creations. 

8) I am one of those parents that think they have the cutest kids in the entire world....only I secretly think its because my kids really are the cutest kids in the entire world!

9) I pledged a sorority in college where I had to do so many other people's dishes by hand that it cured me of my "dishwater" phobia.  I used to not even be able to put a dish in the sink for fear it would get wet and then have "dishwater" on it.

10) I have a love affair with my Kindle and I love, love, love, to read cheesy romance novels...even better if they have vampires, trolls, werewolves, zombies, angels, or any other supernatural main characters.  May I recommend "The Hollows" #1 and #2, the "Blood Like Poison" trilogy, the "My Blood Approves" trilogy, the "Trylle Trilogy", the "Tale of Lunamorte" trilogy, and of course the ever so popular "Twighlight Trilogy" and "Hunger Games Trilogy".

11) I have a gazillion cable channels but only watch HBO because I can't stand commercials.  With the exception of watching "The Walking Dead" on AMC.


12) My kids don't know the real ending to "Hush Little Baby"....I never had the heart to tell them "...down will come baby cradle and all."  So I say "...Mommy will catch you cradle and all."

13) I have a little bit of OCD when it comes to washing my hair, for some reason I absolutley CANNOT rinse it unless ALL the soap or conditioner has firsted been rinsed off of my hands....even though I'm just going to get them all soapy again when I touch my head.

Well I guess thats pretty much my quirks in a nutshell...I'm sure there are more, but I those alone are enough for you to think I'm crazy.  So now its your turn...go to http://stepintosecondgrade.blogspot.com/, and check out what this "Linky Party" is all about.


1 comment:

  1. Yay! So glad you linked up! And, yes, you do have the cutest kids in the world!

    ReplyDelete