The Kiddos

The Kiddos

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Little Things

Watching the simplicity of my children playing outside in the beautiful weather we had this past weekend really had me reminiscing about my own childhood.  So I took some time to reflect on the little things that I really missed about being young and carefree.

20 things I took for granted as a kid :

1) Running barefoot through the grass.
2) Catching frogs in a pond.
3) Building forts in the woods.
4) The "Magic Mommy Fairy" cleaning up after me.
5) Having someone to do my laundry.
6) Riding in the car and not having to pay attention to where I was going.
7) Having no responsibilities other than existing.
8) Playing "Hide and Seek" in the dark.
9) Sleepovers
10) Going to the "Drive-ins" with my Dad.
11) Going camping every weekend in the summer.
12) Swimming in my Grandma's pool.
13) Believing in Mythical Creatures
14) Living in the middle of no where.
15) Riding a dirt bike.
16) Seeing my best friends everyday.
17) Believing in magic.
18) The healing power of a "kissed boo boo".
19) Catching fireflies.
20) Not caring if my hair was brushed when I left the house.

I'm sure I could sit here and think of 20 more things I miss about being young.  That is why I keep telling my kids to cherish everyday and stop wishing away their youth, adulthood comes too fast and there is no rewind button.




No comments:

Post a Comment